Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I happen to stumble on this forum and it looks like a nice "place" to meet and talk with people who have experienced panic attacks. In 2006, I was suffering not just from panic attacks but also from schizo-affective disorder that left me very self-conscious, timid and ashamed of myself, especially when I went out of the house. Even when I was with my parents when I went out, I would feel so panicky that my whole body would just shake and I thought back then, that these sensations that I have had would never stop. I tried some techniques to calm me down such as breathing exercises but they didn't work. I even underwent medication but it didn't change the way I felt back then.

Then, a few months later, I suddenly realized that although I was feeling body tremors and such, I was stronger than they are and that it was up to me if I wanted to overcome them or not. Added to the fact that I began to dwell more on my past successes to have enough courage, strength and determination in me, I was able to overcome with schizo-affective disorder and live a normal life.

I do hope that I can share with you my experiences as well as enlighten those who have similar experiences to mine in this forum.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey atvsamala welcome. :)

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, ATVSamala! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts