Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm Jayn. Completely awkward and uncomfortable socially. I sweat, turn red, get a lump in my throat, my heart pounds and races and I shake. People don't understand. So, I'm here for support and encouragement from people who DO understand. And I'm here to do the same for you all. :-D :clap

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, lonelyfalcon!! I appreciate the welcome! I'm looking forward to making friends here since it just takes too much effort and energy and pain and suffering (lol) to make and sustain friendships in real life.

·
Maree
7 Posts
welcome Jayndoe, i'm also new here and new to the whole SA thing.

i stumble upon the site when consulting 'Dr Google' after suffering panic attacks. i'm 50+ and think i've had SA most of my life but until recently have been able to push it aside and struggle through. recent life events have tipped my anxiety to a level i can no longer control. i've started on meds in the last week so hopefully that brings some relief.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, stormhorse! Welcome to you, too! I'm sorry you've been pulled into this dark realm. Hopefully, we can both find some comfort and support here. Can I inquire which medication(s) you have started?

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, JaynDoe! :)

·
Maree
7 Posts
i've just started on Eleva (which i think is also branded Zoloft). i'm in australia so brand names seen to differ from country to country. the magic ingredient is sertraline. i've been taking 1/2 dose for a week as recommended by my pharmacist as he says it reduces introductory side effects. taking the full tablet from today. god i hope it kicks in quick and works............this is an awful way to live your life!!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
hi, on meeting people i just can't really concentrate and i'll completely forget basic information like where i live, age everything really! I can see they think i'm a complete weirdo and that makes it worse. Hope you find encouragement on here. Nik

1 - 11 of 11 Posts