Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone. i just joined. trying to find a place to meet people who are like me. i am from sumter, sc. i'm 34. and i have social anxiety. i don't really have any friends anymore. the ones i did have are more like acquaintances now. i've always felt like i didn't fit in and awkward around people. the only time i felt remotely normal around people is when i used to drink. then i could actually talk to people and be social. but i quit drinking and now it's back to my shell. i don't regret it thought. it was causing health issues and people aren't worth damaging my health over. if i don't fit in then oh well. i would rather have people like me for me and not for what they want me to be or for who i am when under some drug like alcohol. besides can't stay drunk 24/7. the real you is always there. so yeah my social life sucks. i don't want to be popular or fit it anyway. i just want to meet a good friend or meet someone special that can understand and just be happy. and for those that believe, we always have God. and yeah i feel awkward about posting here too but here goes...

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, IrregularMisfit! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey irregularmisfit welcome. :hyper

·
ISFJ
1,472 Posts
Good for you on cutting out the alcohol. There are other more productive ways to cope with social anxiety. We're all here to help you out, so don't be afraid to post.

Welcome to SAS!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts