Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Jason, 35, Vancouver Canada.

Came across this site a few days ago and was shocked to read about so many people that are much like myself - it was uncanny. I could relate with a lot of the experiences and frustrations. It's reassuring, because in the outside world, nobody seems to really understand.

I've been shy, socially anxious, and really terrible at making conversation ever since I can remember. I've been depressed since my early 20s; hasn't been constant, but for much of that time - have been getting treatment for almost 2 years now. Outside of my marriage, I have little or no social network. Other than my wife, I haven't had a friend or buddy since about 4th grade. I'm generally fine when I have a defined purpose for talking to someone, like to explain or ask about something, but I'm so inept at making small talk with people. Not knowing what to say or how to act around potential friends is incredibly awkward and stressful.

Anyways, I'm happy to have found some common ground here on the subject.
Jason

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi Jason, and welcome to SAS. This is a great site and I'm sure you will like it here. I applaud you for having the courage to get treatment. You will get there, just don't loose hope.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Jason, welcome to :sas

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, SpaceFiller! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts