Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone on here. My name is Heather. I am a 33yo mother of two. I have been dealing with Social Anxiety for as long as I can remember. Recently though it has seem to be getting worse. It has affected my life, my boyfriends and my kids. I am unable to go to new places and I am unable to meet new poeple. I have avoided parents at my sons school because I am just way to anxious. I hope to find comfort, strength and guidance from this forum - afterall, what do I have to lose?

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Heather welcome. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone on here. My name is Heather. I am a 33yo mother of two. I have been dealing with Social Anxiety for as long as I can remember. Recently though it has seem to be getting worse. It has affected my life, my boyfriends and my kids. I am unable to go to new places and I am unable to meet new poeple. I have avoided parents at my sons school because I am just way to anxious. I hope to find comfort, strength and guidance from this forum - afterall, what do I have to lose?
Hi Heather! It's kind of relieving to know that you are not alone dealing with social anxiety, isn't it? Just like you I am trying to find some comfort and strength here. I've always been very shy and had difficulty meeting people and interacting. What makes it harder for me now is that I am Russian and though I speak English well, language is still a barrier. I am just so tired of my SA getting in the way of my life and preventing me from being happy that I decided to do something about it. So I joined this forum and I will start to see therapist next week. I wish you good luck and congratulate you on making a first step (being here, I mean)

·
Comfortably Numb
232 Posts
Hello,Heather,welcome to SAS,

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, HeatherL1122! :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel