Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty new to these kinds of forums but have hit a point of desperation, I suppose, and thought perhaps this would be a good place to pull up a chair and stay awhile. I am coming off of about a two year hiatus from everything, it ended up being a time of self reflection, facing a lot of things, etc. --and between that 'self hibernation' from friends and finding out a large number of my friends were bad news--I have found myself with just about no friends at all. I have been on both sides of the fence at any given point in my life --the side with lots of friends and an easy, fun, happy social life, and the side with no friends. I honestly don't know which way is better--having the green side and losing it, or never knowing what it was like in the first place. Being one who has lost it, I am finding it to be a terrible place to me, and the struggle to come out on top again is harder than just about anything else one can face, I believe. The SAS blows up big at the prospect of starting all over again, I think that is depressing enough for one with no disorders, much less for someone like us. I hate this side of the fence, it weighs me down and I hope that coming here will change things around for me and will be the fresh start that I have, unfortunately, come to need.

Thanks for reading my drivel, I look forward to getting to know you all. :)

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Welcome to the site!!

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Jeni, welcome to :sas

·
Registered
258 Posts
Welcome!