Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I have severe social anxiety. I just need to be able to talk to people who understand what SA feels like. Im also at a very painful phase of my life. I am thinking about leaving my dream job, the job that I love and which Im no longer sure about being able to do because of SA. Did u know SA is called the illness of missed opportunities? Now I know why they call it that.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Agatha! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey agatha :wel

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi there. I have severe social anxiety. I just need to be able to talk to people who understand what SA feels like. Im also at a very painful phase of my life. I am thinking about leaving my dream job, the job that I love and which Im no longer sure about being able to do because of SA. Did u know SA is called the illness of missed opportunities? Now I know why they call it that.
WOW, that is so ****ing true...its so simple yet its defines my situation perfectly and now i love you for saying it lol just kiddin but 1 question, who do you know calls it that? ive never heard of ppl knowing the part i bolded

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hello and welcome. If you don't mind me asking.. Why are you thinking about leaving your dream job? Or why would your dream job cause you so much anxiety?

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Jurexic5, this is in answer to ur question about why my dream job is causing me anxiety. Simple. It is a job which requires a lot of interaction with people. I am surrounded by people all the time. I suffer some but I still love it. Its what I wanted to do ever since I was a kid. I don't want to leave. I've studied a lot and worked very hard to get here. Its painful to talk about this so I guess I won't be talking about it any more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts