Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo, my aunt and a family friend have come round for the day. I'm hiding upstairs in my room too afraid to go down and say hello. So i thought this would be the perfect time to introduce myself on here.

Hi, i'm amy ... nice to meet you :)

·
Lost
275 Posts
Hey Amy. Welcome to the forum :)
I tend to hide upstairs too.

Do you mind if I ask what part of London you're in?

·
Banned
322 Posts
Hey, welcome to the forum... from someone with less than 50 posts who has been here for 3 days :b

I do the exact same thing...though often my parents feel the need to drag me down and shove me into the face of any visitors to prove that, yes, they really do have a son. I hate this, because I end up being left in the room with these people and cannot for the life of me think of anything to say to them...and if they try to start a coversation it dies after a few sentences...I have that affect on people, which is why I try to avoid them.

·
Lost
275 Posts
Hey, welcome to the forum... from someone with less than 50 posts who has been here for 3 days :b

I do the exact same thing...though often my parents feel the need to drag me down and shove me into the face of any visitors to prove that, yes, they really do have a son. I hate this, because I end up being left in the room with these people and cannot for the life of me think of anything to say to them...and if they try to start a coversation it dies after a few sentences...I have that affect on people, which is why I try to avoid them.
I apologise for hijacking this thread but I had to say I feel exactly the same as you.

Whenever my parents have friends round my mum always comes up to my room asking me to come and say hello. Not so long ago, my mum's friend and her boyfriend (who i've not seen in years) came round for a visit. I walked into the room and everyone stared at me, expecting me to say something. I felt so damn uncomfortable. :blank I just wanted to run and hide away, which fortunately, I was able to do in the end. :)

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, Lemphe! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Amy :wels

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Hi Amy, welcome to the forum :)

I always used to hide upstairs from my family as well. What made it worse was when my mum would shout up for me to come and say goodbye to the visiting relatives when they were leaving, thus bringing attention to the fact that I was hiding away, rather than just letting them think I wasn't in.

Unfortunately now I have a reputation for hiding away, so nobody ever visits me, and it is horrible.

I hope you're well, and hope you find this a friendly place to be :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
hi Amy

welcome to the SAS. post away :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Of course not :) i'm from east london, joy!
Hey! I'm from East London too :)
I'm also new and I do the whole hiding out in my room thing when we have visitors too. Hopefully this site will help. Its already helped me, just knowing that I'm not alone in feeling the way I do, having never met anyone anywhere near as shy as me before stumbling across the website. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts