Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone~

I'm new here. I didn't realize I had any anxiety at all until recently my psychiatrist put me on some medication for depression and some medication for bipolar (we are not sure yet if I have Bipolar Disorder) and she kept mentioning anxiety and then it finally dawned on me that for years now I've kept myself cooped up in the house and haven't wanted to go out, because I feel like that anxiety about being around others. I really don't have any friends and I am a full-time college student. I don't hang out with anyone. I've noticed for years how I feel like I don't belong anywhere really and how when I go to concerts and things I will become so 'paranoid' that I will keep thinking that people are judging me since I'm sitting by myself. I also worry all the time about how people are viewing me and I'm worrying about how I view myself too! It's crazy, but I think it falls into the category of social anxiety maybe? It has to do with people. I don't really get panic attacks. I do get nervous sometimes about being around people in general and like I said I don't get out much b/c of that. But I do manage to go to school and take care of myself and all. And I am in a close relationship- am engaged and have a close relationship with my parents. But that's about it. I've noticed since starting on Celexa for two weeks that my anxiety has improved about 40-50%! I've been able to talk to people quite a bit more easily and not feel as weirded out about what they are thinking of me and such things. I feel more like I belong which is really nice. I hope I continue to feel better. :)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hi April77 and welcome to the forum!
Is your real name April, thats my name too !
I'm new to the forum too and you will find lot's of support here.:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that's my real name! :) Funny, cuz I was born in October. I hope I will find support here! I need it and I need ideas to start changing now that my medication is making me feel a lot better... :) :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey April :wels

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, April77! :)