Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this site yesterday and im glad I did. I've always felt like im alone in this world when it comes to SA. I haven't noticed any of my family members or friends with anxiety like I have since they're all so comfortable around each other. It's nice to have a group of people to chat with that have the same type of feelings. As for Social Anxiety, I swear I all the sudden woke up with it one day while in 7th grade. I was always a little shy in gradeschool but nothing like what developed in 7th grade. All the sudden I just became extremely nervous around everyone. EVERYTHING made me anxious and nervous (talking with friends, sitting at the lunch table, waiting in lines, speaking in class, sports, dances) it was uncontrollable. I could barely walk down the hallway without being a nervous wreck. I withdrew from pretty much everything I started. I played 7th, 8th and 9th grade basketball and I finally had enough and I quit after that. Most players wanted to be in the game while I sat there hoping to never go in. I hated having all eyes on me when I had the ball. My parents always looked at it like I was just withdrawing and quitting bcuz I was lazy but that wasnt it at all. I just could never tell them the real reason cuz I guess I was to embarrased to explain it. I just felt like people who dont have SA dont know what its like and will never understand. It went on all through junior high and high school and here I am now at 23 living in michigan. I've tried college a couple times and both times it didn't work. It just bothers me that SA can really put a hold on your life and what you wanna do with your life. I'm just hoping that someday I can be free of this and be hope for others with SA. I better stop now I don't wanna write to long of a book lol. Have a good day everyone. my name is matt btw, nice to meet you all.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Matt :wel

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Summerfun09! :)