Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is 'Maisy' (not really, it's my cat's name, but please call me Maisy for privacy). I'm almost 21, a junior in college. I've been dealing with General Anxiety, Social Anxiety, and Hypersensitivity my whole life. I was diagnosed with Depression when I was 12. I joined because my illness has begun affecting my life more than it has in the past. I am struggling a lot in school because of the anxiety, and that makes the depression and anxiety worse. So I needed a place where I felt comfortable and could talk to people who understand. My family, especially my mom, and my boyfriend are great, but they just don't undestand!

Please ask me any questions! I do love to talk when I'm comfortable! (Which I am in an online setting like this)

·
Banned
177,222 Posts
Hey MissMaisy :wels

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Maisy. Welcome. SAS is a great site u will love it. Its good to chat with others who can relate. =) I have SA, generalized anxiety & depression to.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi MissMaisy, welcome! As I tell others, I'm still a bit new myself.
I think you are very lucky to have supportive people around you. Why is it, do you think, that your anxiety has gotten worse lately? Is it the setting? The new people? New stresses? Mostly external or internal? Feel free to answer none, any, all :)

Oh, and I hope you go on to be a great therapist. I think we are in need of more therapists who actually know how it feels to have anxiety.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi MissMaisy, welcome! As I tell others, I'm still a bit new myself.
I think you are very lucky to have supportive people around you. Why is it, do you think, that your anxiety has gotten worse lately? Is it the setting? The new people? New stresses? Mostly external or internal? Feel free to answer none, any, all :)

Oh, and I hope you go on to be a great therapist. I think we are in need of more therapists who actually know how it feels to have anxiety.
I don't really know why my anxiety has gotten worse recently. I think it's the stress of my classes, because it was a difficult course load this semester. When I don't do well, I get anxious, I have bad test anxiety, who I thought was a very good friend abandoned me, just a lot of 'little' things added up making my anxieties worse.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't really know why my anxiety has gotten worse recently. I think it's the stress of my classes, because it was a difficult course load this semester. When I don't do well, I get anxious, I have bad test anxiety, who I thought was a very good friend abandoned me, just a lot of 'little' things added up making my anxieties worse.
I hear you, my anxiety was often amplified because I was a brooder, going over past situations/incidents over and over in my head, analyzing them to death without clear resolution. But I think I've learned to let certain things go, especially noting to myself which ones I cannot solve anyway. I hope those 'little' things don't keep distracting you. That's terrible about having someone abandon you, I know how that feels.

·
Registered
154,228 Posts
Welcome, MissMaisy! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.