Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i've been reading some of the posts here lately and i decided to join the community as I have social anxiety of my own. A little bit about me, im a 20 year old community college student who works part time. I've don't really do much besides that as i don't really have a lot of friends in the area since i find it hard to make friends really because of anxiety. One thing that i would like to change is with girls. Im really speechless and awkward to them and I feel like an idiot when im around them. Hopefully i can find some good advice here and try to help change myself

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, JD92! :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi Jd. What are you studying?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi sheeshl! Currently I am studying athletic training for my Bachelor's. I want to become a physician assistant afterwards

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have never 'met' anyone studying that before. Very interesting indeed and definitely a growing area. I doubt you will ever have problems finding a job that's for sure. I know a lot of women who prefer men to be awkward around them as it shows that they actually care, and are not just going through the motions if you know what I mean. Men that act all confident are often a bit dodgy. Not always of course. So don't let the fact that you worry about appearing awkward stop you from asking a girl out. Many will find it endearing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have never 'met' anyone studying that before. Very interesting indeed and definitely a growing area. I doubt you will ever have problems finding a job that's for sure. I know a lot of women who prefer men to be awkward around them as it shows that they actually care, and are not just going through the motions if you know what I mean. Men that act all confident are often a bit dodgy. Not always of course. So don't let the fact that you worry about appearing awkward stop you from asking a girl out. Many will find it endearing.
Thank you for that good point! im working very hard on it and its difficult really as i am horribly shy around them. Glad to see it from a different perspective

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Jensen, welcome to :sas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts