Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this site. I'm struggeling with social anxiety and low self esteem. My most severe phobi is to write; to write to peolpe/friends or when I know somebody who knows me would be able to read it. So, you can imagine that it's scaring the hell out of me right now! I am affraid that people would judge me even though I don't really have anything to hide ( but I constantly feel like I do) Does anyone else have the same problemes? Or has anyone gotten over his/hers anxiety to write and is willing to give some advice? Please, it would be very very helpfull.

·
Cheap, fast, good-pick 2
174 Posts
Hi Soph, many people with social anxiety have problems writing. Recreating the trigger that causes my anxiety, following with a positive outcome (basic CBT) helps me deal with a lot of my own problems. For example, in your situation I might write a letter that I KNOW would embarrass me. Then I try to imagine someone finding it, and laughing about it with them, accepting that whatever I wrote is ok even if it's embarrassing. Then i'd tear up the letter once I start to feel good about them reading the letter. For me it helps to specify what causes the anxiety, like what do you think people will pick out about your writing to judge negatively? What will they think about it? Do you think it's realistic? Will it change the way they think about you?

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, BellaSophie! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey bella sophie welcome. :hyper

·
Registered
9,274 Posts
Hi Bella, Welcome to SAS!