Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! My name is Heather. I am 31 years old, happily married, and have one daughter. I was diagnosed with ADHD several years ago and have been taking Adderall XR with no issues. My regular doctor makes me go get a re-evaluation annually for ADHD, and this is where my troubles begin. LOL I have always known that I'm an anxious person. I worry about everything ALL the time. I don't do well being a passenger in the car (worried constantly that we will be in a crash), and worry about money even though I "know" that there is no worries there. I have mental health issues on both sides of my family. My grandma had severe anxiety but was never medicated; she just never left the house. EVER. Some of my grandpas siblings and their kids are bipolar. My mom has ADHD. My dad is an alcoholic; probably a lot of mental issues with him but he never talks and wouldn't ever do anything about them. His mom, my paternal grandmother, was always negative and anxious. So that is my background, except that I forgot to add that I had post partum depression after having my daughter. Well, I mentioned to my new psychiatrist at my ADHD checkup that I have this anxiety, and she put me on Klonopin. It seemed to work wonders at first! But, I'm also taking Lamisil for a fingernail fungus (it is said to RARELY cause depressive episodes in people with previous depressive issues). So, I have this horrible day yesterday. I was so depressed; probably the most depressed I've been other than the post partum depression. It was awful; I even considered going to the ER I was so concerned. So, my problem is, I don't know if the Lamisil is causing the depression, or the Klonopin. I only have maybe 5 days worth of Lamisil left, so maybe I will just see then what happens when I'm off that. I am so confused! I don't know if I should even take the Klonopins; I didn't take any this morning so far. I don't know what to do...... Any advice? And, I apologize for writing so much; I just don't know where to turn for help. My doctor is working me in tomorrow but I am feeling very anxious now. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, HBB! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts