Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new here :) I'm 21 and I have social anxiety. I was shy growing up and diagnosed with SA when I was 15 when I saw a psychologist for depression. At school I always had a best friend or friends, but after school finished it all went to ****. I grew up in a small town and moved to the state capital at 11, then started skipping school. I failed school due to my SA and avoidance. Then I spent 2 years barely doing anything 'cause I had no work experience, no high school certificate, and a lousy personality. I tried going back to school, I tried finding a job, and it all went to ****. Oh yeah during my last year of school (the year I failed) I started self-harming by cutting my left arm. Over 3 years later I still have heaps of scars on that arm that'll be there forever. I don't do it anymore though. But after about a year and a half of doing nothing I thought my life would never get better. I didn't see any "friends" anymore, couldn't find a job, had no prospects; so I tried to kill myself.

Then I bought a fake degree and went to teach English in China. It's been a rocky road involving being fired and quitting jobs, and I ended up coming back here THREE times before I could even manage to maintain a job. But I'm still here, and this time I've been here 6 months straight again. Anyway, I don't really know how I feel about life right now. I feel depressed and strange most of the time, but at least I'm supporting myself and I have a job, and am independent. I can do things like work, go out, use the phone, but always with a sort of nervous wariness I suppose. I have a few friends, but they're not close and I rarely (if ever) see them.

If anyone wants to write to me or talk on MSN, I'd be really glad to hear from you. I think I'd make good friends with someone who understood SA! My email-MSN is [email protected] if you're interested. Take care everyone

· Banned
177,635 Posts
Hey pockybiscuit :wels

· Registered
146,606 Posts
Welcome, PockyBiscuit! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.