Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've been suffering social anxiety ever since I was a child. I'm taking medication and I was going to cognitive behavioral therapy but quit because I moved house - I'm starting it again soon. I have a little boy who's 5 and im unemployed. I have been trying so hard to get a job because I feel like a failure - that I can't even support my son properly. I can never afford to buy him anything nice and I feel guilty everyday. I apply for jobs, get to the interview stage and then just mess up because I'm such a nervous wreck at the interview. I always forget everything I wanted to say because I'm so nervous. When my son was a baby, I worked part time in a bar but was always a nervous wreck and nearly got sacked because of it - I worked there for a year, I don't know how! I have friends but most of them treat me like crap and take advantage. I feel like I'm a failure. I just want a job and decent friends.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hello, Liana. Welcome to the community! Sounds like you're definitely putting every effort you can into taking care of your son. I definitely respect that. I know it's not easy, but it's obvious that you love him dearly. You're in the right place. There are tons of supportive people here. We'll all work through it together.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, Liana27! :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello Liana, Nice to meet you here, and welcome to the forum. I understand how hard it is to face interviews for a job, and I do admire you for doing the best you can to take care of your son.I'm sure he's happy to have you. Thanks for joining us. You're in the right place. :wels

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone :). SA has affected my whole life. I try to force myself to get out as much as possible. It's like either force myself to do things and suffer or keep myself shut away at home and fall deeper in to depression. I have so-called friends who put me down sometimes. I want to get rid of them but I worry about being lonely. It also makes me angry how some people walk straight in to a job and don't do their job properly, get sacked yet still walk straight in to another soon after when I find it so hard to get a job in the first place.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanks everyone :). SA has affected my whole life. I try to force myself to get out as much as possible. It's like either force myself to do things and suffer or keep myself shut away at home and fall deeper in to depression. I have so-called friends who put me down sometimes. I want to get rid of them but I worry about being lonely. It also makes me angry how some people walk straight in to a job and don't do their job properly, get sacked yet still walk straight in to another soon after when I find it so hard to get a job in the first place.
I can definitely relate to being around people who don't do their jobs. The problem at my workplace is that they get promoted while someone like me who busts his tail every day languishes in the same position. I'm actually hoping to be laid off this year, but I doubt it happens. I'm just burnt out. They think I'm perfect for the job I do though, so it's hard to do something else when I get little opportunity. You'll find something. I have no doubt. Seems like you have the right attitude and determination. Employers would be lucky to have you.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Liana27 welcome. :hyper

1 - 12 of 12 Posts