Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone :] My name's Patty and I'm 27 years old. I've had severe social anxiety since I was 14, it really got bad when I started my freshman year of high school. College was worse, since I moved away from home and didn't know anyone, I actually ended up transferring colleges so I could live at home my junior and senior years. My social anxiety is really bad at my job as well. I work in Sales with a lot of loud, outgoing people. I sort of don't really know how to actually make friends with people 'in real life', I am a lot more comfortable talking to people online. I have a lot of difficulty trying to befriend people I don't feel I have stuff in common with, I'm quiet, shy, into reading books and manga and watching anime. I feel like I don't have a lot in common with the women at my job who mostly talk about celebrity gossip, Sex and the City, fashion, shopping, etc. and I let that stop me from talking to them.

I hate my job anyway, apart from my SA, and I'm trying to get into a non-profit job this year. I tried Zoloft in the past which caused me to have a manic reaction so I can't take any SSRIs for my SA. I also tried Risperdal which I had an allergic reaction too. Klonopin didn't help so I stopped taking it. I tried exposure therapy which made things a lot worse for me, so I stopped it. I also tried CBT for over a year with no real noticeable effect. My psyhicatrist wants to try me on Buspar. We'll see how it goes. Well, sorry if I rambled hehe. That's me in a nutshell (kinda). Nice to meet everyone! ^_^

·
Registered
424 Posts
Welcome to SAS, Patty. :) It's nice to meet you, too.

·
Banned
177,222 Posts
Hey Patty :wel

·
Registered
154,231 Posts
Welcome, BeyondBettyJean! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.