Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Sean, I'm 27, and I thought I'd join a social anxiety forum to be with like minded people in the pursuit of recovery and good times. :) Like many people I have Social Anxiety Disorder and like most people, it's had a major impact on my life: I've had few friends, have and still avoid most public places out of fear, never had a job, you know the usual sad stuff no one wants to read. ;) Fortunately, things are more on the upswing now: i'm in my (3rd) day program, but this time it's different, i have these adjuncts (for lack of a better term), my therapist and AOT case manager (fancy term for person with power to throw you back into the nut house :b), who are actually targeting the SAD. My therapist, who happens to be the kindest i've ever had, is working with my anxieties and giving me feedback; case manager has me--not as of yet but soon--working with a peer support volunteer who'll take me to places, give me exposure, encouragement that sort of thing and then she has me joining a Social Anxiety Support group soon. Plus, I have my family, parents and aunt, to talk to and keep my spirits high. Not bad for support wouldn't you say? So yeah, if I didn't make it already (nauseatingly) obvious, I'm feeling pretty good right now. Heck, I don't even know why I picked such a strong statement sending username...but I'm sure it'll make sense when I'm in program next week and return to my normally socially anxious (and bi-polar) self. :b

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Sean :wel

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, RestlessSoul! :)

·
Half way there
428 Posts
Welcome Sean :) You sound like your on the right track.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts