Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

My first post here so I thought I'd start off by saying I don't have a diagnosis of social anxiety but I think on a day to day basis it's fairly clear to me that that's what I have. I was a fairly confident child and I think it all began when I started my teens and very quickly and unexpectedly developed a large chest. I know it sounds strange but going from being just a kid to being noticed, stared at and cat called by seemingly everyone was a big shock, really it just forced me into appearing overtly sexual when really I 13.

As I've gotten older I think it's affected me more because I feel as if everyone is looking at me, I feel like my body doesn't match my personality because I want to be taken seriously academically. I hope my post doesn't sound conceited, I'm incredibly self conscious and it's affected me socially to the point where I have only a few friends and I'm terrified to even walk down a hall or eat on front of people.

Thank you for looking at my post and I hope to contribute to others if I can.

·
Banned
211 Posts
Hi there

You need professional help. It makes things so much easier. Your doctor will need to make a diagnosis and then prescribe the appropriate treatment. In some cases you may be referred to a psychiatrist. If you receive medication you should be closely monitored to ensure you are responding to the treatment. Social anxiety is a treatable condition, though it is a long-term issue to deal with.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, BJL! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts