Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here. Duh. Uhm...honestly, not super worried about social anxiety at this very moment. Actually, just now I'm more interested in embracing the way I am. Next year, once I'm out of the Navy, I'm planning on taking a teardrop trailer across the U.S. and maybe some of Canada. Just me and nature during the day, and in the evenings I'll probably start writing a lot, whether it be a journal, blog, high fantasy novel, or titillating erotica.

Why am I here, you ask? Well, it's really nice to read through so many posts and be like: "Huh. So there are people like me out there." Which isn't to say I've never ever found people to identify with online; however, it's rare that I feel like doing something about it. Why now? Not really sure. Probably because I have a test I should study for and this is an excellent way to procrastinate.

So here I am.

Anyway, I just want to say hi and drop a book recommendation for all you introverts out there (like myself): "Quiet: The power of introverts in a world that won't stop talking." It may help rearrange your perspective about yourself. While it's not as biased toward introverts as the title may make it seem, it's definitely refreshing to read something that celebrates introverts and extraverts more or less equally in a world that so often seems to favor the louder people. Introversion is not an illness or a deficiency, and I hate that so many people seem to think that it is.

That's all for me.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, SkyJam! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts