Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I am a 20 year old college student. I have not been diagnosed as having social anxiety, but I know I have it. Due to family problems, I am not in the position to get proper help, so I have been reading books and just bought the Shyness/Social Anxiety Workbook.
I knew growing up that I was different from my sister. I was always shy and would panic if I was put in a situation that was out of my comfort zone. I don't have many friends, however I have many acquaintances. I wish I did have close friends. I feel I hold myself back, which some people take it as me being arrogant or not wanting their company. It's sooo hard for me to open up and keep up with company. I find myself being extremely nice and giving to others. But that's the only aspect of my personality that people know. I am always tagged as the nice and soft-spoken one. I wish I could just open up and let my quirky and creative side shine.
The only one who knows about how I feel is my sister, who I just recently told. She has been a great help - pushing me into new situations and comforting me when I panic.
Anywhoos, I am very excited to talk to people who know what I am going through.:)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey bunny8 welcome. :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Bunny8! :)