Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a younger teen who just discovered this site. I never even heard of social anxiety until a couple of days ago. I don't think I have the actually disorder but I know I have quite a few symptoms of it. My problem is that I cannot get the courage to talk to people at my high school etc, who know of me, but might not know me personally. I always feek like they probably already have an impression of me thats not too great, maybe that I'm too quiet, not pretty enough too nerdy etc etc.
Sometimes I can easily talk to strangers because they have no idea who I am and will probably never see me again. If its someone who looks really confident and 'cool', I'll will definately avoid a runin with them.
I often don't say anything for fear of being judged. Really, this is probably because I judge pretty easily and if I do, other people might too. After a number of years working at the same part-time job, I'm finally starting to be able to hold a conversion with my boss or coworkers without feeling like a loser.
Presentations for me are a nightmare. I get nervous way beforehand. You know, the classic sweatiness, shaky voice, red face. I also get heart palipitations quite often, which I'm told can be from nervousness but I'm not sure.
I don't have many friends but the ones I have are amazing, and know the real me. I want to act how I do around them as I do everywhere, especially at school.
Anyway, this is a great place to finally say all this stuff thats been clouding my mind for years.
Thanks!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hey, welcome to the site. Your not alone.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey snow white welcome. :)

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
Welcome to you!