Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Ceilidh, it's pronounced as Kay-Lee btw :) it's Irish. I'm 18 and have been suffering with SAS for what seems like forever. Nice to meet you all :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Ceilidh :wels

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Ceilidh! :)

The Welsh certainly have a way with letters :). That is a very interesting spelling for a pretty name :).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aha thanks :p I kind of wish it was just Kayleigh but my dad decided to give me the oddest spelling after I was born :p

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hi Ceilidh :wel

You could always go by kayleigh if you wanted to.

Either leave documentation alone & just introduce to people like that
or even legally get changed. I mean it's all good any which of way.

I like your name but imagine you have to explain any time some one
reads it the first time. Anyway hi :drunk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was thinking about changing it last year, it may make things easier. I just find it annoying in the doctors or whatever when people call me "Sel-eed-ah" and then I have to explain what it says and what origin it's from .____. and the whole SAS thing makes it difficult to talk to new people alone explaining my name to them.

Thaks guys :D

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
I'd keep it the way it was given. Once you say it, we see it in the name. I have seen other names like that - Siobhan is another interesting name.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had to go all the way to Scotland to learn how to pronounce your name! It means "a musical occasion" (like singing and dancing), right?

While visiting in Scotland, I attended a "ceilidh" but wasn't sure of how to say the word. I wrote it down in a little notebook. The next day, I approached a middle-aged, non-scary-looking lady, and asked, timidly, "Excuse me, are you Scottish?" She said that she was. So I pointed to the word I had copied into my notebook and asked, "How do you pronounce that, please?" She told me, "KAY-lee!"

Didn't get to visit Ireland. Maybe next time.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hey Ceilidh!

That's a beautiful name! My family's all Scottish and English, but we got the names that were either boring (e.g. mine, Peter) or cumbersome (like my grandfather, Arnut Hume MacGregor). Celtic and Greek names are the coolest in the world, aren't they?
Welcome to the SA forum! May you find support and strength from us here. Feel free to PM me anytime.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts