Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and girls.

Yup, I have SA but in a weird kind of way. How is that so? well, I'm a musician, a guitarist. Whenever I'm up on stage, I feel powerful and confident and I have no problem playing/singing in front of people. I've played infront of 8,000 people before at one time and had no problem with it.

The SA comes into play in just 'normal life' stuff like keeping conversations going, I tend to be a pretty quiet guy until you really get to know me so I don't have many friends because of it but ya, that's how its weird. I'm getting help to build up my confidence in that way.

Good to be here!

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Mapex welcome. :hyper

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hiya. :) I can actually relate to what you're saying as, even though I've never performed in front of as many people as you have, then I've been on stage, both with acting and singing, and I really enjoyed it. :D I've always wanted to make it as a singer and/or an actress (if I'm to choose, definitely a singer), and I don't really feel much SA when performing. Though, on the other hand, when chit-chatting, conversing with people before and after having been on stage, I feel pretty socially anxious. :/ So yeah, I know where you're coming from.

Happy Posting! :)

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Mapex! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts