Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
OvercomeLife.com
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've never been too good at introducing myself, but here it goes.

My name is Steven. I have been suffering from depression and social anxiety since I was 10 years old, so just over 12 years now.

I have spent the majority of my life shrouded in darkness, isolated and withdrawn from the world and the people in it. I even spent a period of 18 months inside the house, I didn't go outside once during that period. I am no longer in such a dark place, my mind is a lot more focused towards my future, which in return helps to keep my depressive state at bay.

My social anxiety and fear of social interaction is a leading contributor to my ongoing depression. I feel that until I can stop being anxious of social situations, depression will continue to have a hold on me. Hopefully by being an active member of this community, it will help me to overcome my anxiety! :)

I recently created my own website (independent, non-profit) in hope of helping people manage and cope with their depression, social anxiety or similar mental health illness. Unfortunately I do not offer advice on how to really overcome depression or anxiety, as I myself still suffer from it. However the advice and guides that I do offer, are ways in which have helped me accept, manage and live with my depression and social anxiety. For some people, by following these methods it may in actual fact result in you or a loved one eventually overcoming it.

I'm genuinely not here to just advertise my website, I am also here to become a part of this community and hopefully overcome my social anxiety once and for all.

That being said, you are more than welcome to view my website, it's totally up to you.

I hope that together, we can all finally be free of the things which chain us to the ground.

www.overcomelife.com

Thanks!

Steven :)

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, RussianRed! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts