Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi..! I sat here for over an hour staring at my screen before trying to do this, sorry if I repeat anything or don't make any sense in some parts.

I'm a 22 year old guy suffering from social anxiety, have for as long as I can remember.. I have really tried putting myself out there, but things have only been getting worse for me since losing my car and job. I feel like no-one wants to associate with me. And why should they? I'm a big loser.

I cant be in social settings without getting shakey or worrying about what everyone thinks of me. Even after the smallest of talks I cant help but to bash myself for not saying what I had in mind correctly, even if it's something as simple as "what's up?". I'm overweight, I have really low self-esteem, I really don't have anything going for me.

One of my only two friends is quite a social butterfly, he always wants me to do things with his group of friends, or go out partying but I always pass on his offer, and I can tell its been pissing him off. Just the thought of going to do anything in a social setting makes me incredibly nervous.

I'm sorry for rambling on.. I just feel like I could talk forever on the subject, and unfortunately none of its positive.

The main reason I'm here is because I don't know anyone else like me, and no-one I know really understands what's wrong with me; I've been called anti-social, and as true as that is right now, I hate it. I would give anything to have an ounce of confidence.. This is supposedly the first step..

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Ionic! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcomes!

When I visited this site for the first time a few months back, I was debating on whether or not I should have made an account.. I really wanted to reach out and connect with people going through the same struggle, but then I thought "Would I even be able to help? I can't even help myself."

The reality of the situation hit me really hard last night, if I don't even try to do anything about this I'm pretty much screwed, so here I am! :teeth

1 - 5 of 5 Posts