Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, i'm zen, i newly discovered i have sa. until then i thought i was just a shy girl with low self esteem and that's all, but after thinking about it a lot, i realized the real problem was way deeper than that. i never talked about it with someone close to me, cause i don't want them to think i'm pathetic (and i feel so). but i want to overcome it cause it sucks to lose control of your life. i can't take a long walk outside(and the weather is sooo good i'm literally yearning to go out.but i just can't :afr), i get scared if people judge my clothes, my hair, my make up etc. or if i just take their attentions somehow,i can't talk to guys i like,and i ignore the ones who like me,just because i don't wanna say something stupid, or start stuttering and be disgraced. i'm just 18, i'll be in college in a month and i get so nervous thinking about it i can't sleep at night, the idea of being alone in the crowd freaks me out and the list goes on and on like that. i can't live like that anymore, i want to be independent and free from all my worries, i just don't know how, yet :) i need advices, and i need to know how i can fight with it, so here i am :)

(i just took a major step by admitting and asking for help, didn't i ? :D)

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
Hi rosettastoned, welcome to SAS :)

(i just took a major step by admitting and asking for help, didn't i ? :D)
Yes you did, and it seems you've got a lot of guts, cause that's what it takes to reveal your SA and seek help for it. Trust me, it is possible to escape SA, and if you stick around here and learn from the experiences of others, and challenge yourself, you'll be well on your way to freedom.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you for the couraging, i really appreciate that :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Zen welcome. :)

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, RosettaStoned! :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel