Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ex SA Suffer-er lol :)
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:blushWell im new here and I would like to introduce myself... My name is Cesar im 17 and im currently a senior in highschool. Going to school with SA is really hard, basically going anywere were theres alot of people is hard for me. :| Im really determined to overcome this though since it affects every aspect in my life. It affects my relationship with the family, friends and the ladies. Ima pretty confident guy i get compliments on how I look good but even though my confidence is there my anxiety stops me form everything and I get alot of negative thoughts which confuses whats real because all our negative thoughts are false but its hard for us to believe it. Well thats pretty much it I hate social anxiety... Alot of people think im stuck up, quiet, wierd, snobby, or they think I dont like them but its really not true its just im terrified and to paranoid to talk to people.:| Well i hope you guys understand me and im ready to overcome this thing.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Welcome Bro! Every thing positive you do helps, including this!!

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Cesar welcome. :)

·
Ex SA Suffer-er lol :)
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:wel

Welcome, Cesar. I'm Karl and twice your age. Gee, all these young folks make me feel so old.
Lol its cool... It means you have more experience than us teens so it should be easier for you to overcome.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, Everlong91! :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
yea i'm new here too and i just wanted to say that i also get compliments on my looks but for some weird reason it doesn't help my anxiety and self-esteem
i try to avoid certain people and (just like you) i do come off as conceited and snobby but people fail to realize how much i really do want to socialize as a "normal" person
anywaysss hi and welcome to SAS!!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Cesar I'm going through almost the same situation as you...It's crazy when you hear your story word for word, and it coming from somebody else! anyway welcome to the forum! and anything thats going on with you feel free to share it with us

1 - 11 of 11 Posts