Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Hey there!

490 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  millenniumman75 
#1 ·
Hi! I'm Amanda, I'm 22 and I believe I have moderate social anxiety disorder. Not really sure though. I've always been considered shy and have hated it. I used to be able to make friends easily when I was younger despite it, but now I have a really hard time with it. I have some friends from high school that I still keep in touch with somewhat, but the friends I have made in college have been baaad news and I have distanced myself completely from almost all of them (most are heavy alcohol and drug users and I am trying to get away from that as my mother is an alcoholic, which is an added element to my social anxiety I think).

In social situations, I get really nervous and can't think of what to say and end up coming off as cold or uninterested, when in reality, how I feel is just the opposite! So frustrating :sigh

Anyway, just saying hi! I feel pretty lonely, and I know that I need some good friends in my life, so I think it would be a positive thing to break out of the shell I've been holding on to for so long, and am now looking to actively make steps towards that direction. I'm here to offer advice and support where I can and hopefully get some positive inspiration and support of my own :D

#2 ·
Hey Amanda :wel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.