Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I'm Phoebe, or Pheebs, I'm 22 and currently unemployed. :roll

My anxiety (I think mine is more generalised, but exacerbated when in social or busy situations) first reared it's ugly head as a severe problem when I was working at a library. Since then, I've had therapy, medication, worked another retail job that I later left due to not being able to cope with the 40 minute commute and constantly reassuring and calming myself day after day. I've since tried to start my own Painting and Decorating business but seriously lacked motivation and energy for it, and now I'm unemployed, unmedicated and in a particularly bad/low rut, unsure whether to go to a job interview I have on thursday for fear of pushing myself into it too much. :afr

Aside from all the anxiety, I'm actually a pretty positive person! I enjoy all things creative including writing, sewing, making music and drawing. I love most music whether obscure or mainstream. I love animals, positivity, walking, reading, hanging out with friends (who are few and far between, not gonna lie) and generally appreciating the little things.

I'm here to provide support, feel supported and to try and spread the positivity. :)

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome,Pheebs! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Pheebs

I know what its like to struggle with work each day (i work in a very social place) but if u go to the interview and get this job it is nothing but a step forward and your positive and creative and they are great tools to fight anxiety

·
Registered
513 Posts
Welcome. Great introduction, btw!!! :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome everyone, and Jakeman, thanks for the encouragement. We'll have to see how it goes. :)

·
None of your concern
34 Posts
Hey Pheebs, welcome to SAS :) from your introduction/explanation, you sound very positive and motivated to keep moving forward. If you do go to your job interview, I wish you good luck! (though I'm sure you'll be fine, you sound like a very nice person)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Phoebe, welcome to :sas

·
Iam building a religion
2,834 Posts
Hey everyone! I'm Phoebe, or Pheebs, I'm 22 and currently unemployed. :roll

My anxiety (I think mine is more generalised, but exacerbated when in social or busy situations) first reared it's ugly head as a severe problem when I was working at a library. Since then, I've had therapy, medication, worked another retail job that I later left due to not being able to cope with the 40 minute commute and constantly reassuring and calming myself day after day. I've since tried to start my own Painting and Decorating business but seriously lacked motivation and energy for it, and now I'm unemployed, unmedicated and in a particularly bad/low rut, unsure whether to go to a job interview I have on thursday for fear of pushing myself into it too much. :afr

Aside from all the anxiety, I'm actually a pretty positive person! I enjoy all things creative including writing, sewing, making music and drawing. I love most music whether obscure or mainstream. I love animals, positivity, walking, reading, hanging out with friends (who are few and far between, not gonna lie) and generally appreciating the little things.

I'm here to provide support, feel supported and to try and spread the positivity. :)
whats up womanings !!!!!

·
Registered
9,274 Posts
Hi Pheebs Welcome to SAS!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts