Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start, my name is Paul, and I just turned 21. I would describe myself as a person who is still trying to find himself. I was born deaf in my left ear (Profound Unilateral Hearing Loss). I'm quiet, but I can be outgoing and talkative depending on the situation. I get really nervous to the point where it is obvious while talking to new people I meet. I get really nervous on the phone calling people I don't know. I feel like I sometimes lack empathy and the ability to understand how someone feels. I have hard time expressing my feelings to others because I fear embarrassment. I'm too embarrassed to talk to my family about things like this.

On the other hand, I do have friends. I'm quite social around them. I really only keep close to a few that I consider "real friends." I have multiple views/questions on religion and our existence. Even though I have a hearing problem, I can hear fine in most situations. I'm more concerned what else the condition has caused to happen to me. Sometimes I wonder If I should just accept it. Was not a big fan of high school. I didn't fit in any crowd even though I did play sports.

I'm the most scared of not having a girlfriend or wife one day. I want to cuddle up with a girl and feel like I have somebody. I'm quite handsome in my opinion and I have been told. (I'll put a link to my facebook in my Profile) I don't know if it's a confidence issue or not. I get embarrassed just thinking about a relationship with a girl and how I should act. I'm normal and very confused about my life.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Paul, welcome to :sas

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, BusterBunker! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts