Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ADHD. I currently take a high dose of Adderall in combination with other meds. I need a med that will help me focus and concentrate. I have tried all the popular ones like Vyvanese and Straterra. I know one of you brilliant people have a suggestion for me. Provigil?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Have you tried Concerta? I'm on the 36mg dose. It helps, like I can notice a difference when I forget to take it, but Adderall seemed better for studying even though I couldn't take it every day. It's good enough for concentrating when doing daily activities.

I could use a recommendation myself. Haha.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Ritalin maybe? Or Ativan (sp?)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Ritalin maybe? Or Ativan (sp?)
You got the spelling right, but Ativan (lorazepam) is a benzo (a tranquilizer), not a stimulant that would be used for ADD.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Provigil is VERY mild compared to an amphetamine. It's $11 a pill and manages to rival caffeine at 3 cents a pill.

I know your BF think Adderall was sent by the gods and hates pure dextroamphetamine, but have you tried pure dex instead of the mix you get in Adderall? Since everyone is different it's impossible to predict what will work for you even if Noca personally finds it useless.

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually Noca has encouraged me to try Dex. He is concerned about the dosages of my meds. You know how he thinks he knows everything about meds. <sighs>

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ritiliin is like skittles to me- does nothing.

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Concerta did nothing for me. I am thinking I need something added to my dose of Adderall.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I know I always seem to be recommending it, but amisulpride (low dose) might help stop all the stimulants you're taking from down-regulating dopamine levels. Best titrated up very slowly though due to massive increase in dopamine.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Actually Noca has encouraged me to try Dex. He is concerned about the dosages of my meds. You know how he thinks he knows everything about meds. <sighs>
He should know; he's trained to be a pharmacy tech and has personally tried most of a pharmacy himself.

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
Have you tried Concerta? I'm on the 36mg dose. It helps, like I can notice a difference when I forget to take it, but Adderall seemed better for studying even though I couldn't take it every day. It's good enough for concentrating when doing daily activities.

I could use a recommendation myself. Haha.
Yes, Concerta has really helped me.

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think my ADHD is untreatable. I am out of control.

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
He should know; he's trained to be a pharmacy tech and has personally tried most of a pharmacy himself.
I agree- he is brilliant when it comes to meds. He knows massive information about all kinds of meds. Very impressive. :yes

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
By the way, where is Noca? Was the last "permant ban" really permant?

·
ThirdEyeGrind
1,284 Posts
If you think you are out of options and have tried a handful of antidepressants/antianxiety meds, try a MAOI like Nardil or Parnate. You just have to stick to a diet. Its almost guaranteed to help you though. It helped me soooo much before but I thought it stopped working so I stopped it but it was working and I just sorta took its positive effects for granted so I just started it again. Nardil really helps, alooooot.

·
ThirdEyeGrind
1,284 Posts
Please please don't go with Provigil. Atleast from my experience with it, it wasn't even on par with a cup of coffee and the cost is rediculous. And yes, I agree with others that have said Adderall is great for SA/depression. Unless your tweaked out on it of course. Maybe try a benzo with it but you don't wanna get hooked on benzo's. So, idk, a benzo prn I guess.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts