Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just another guy with social anxiety here. So far in my life, I've just been avoiding confronting my problem, but I think I've reached a point in my life where I need to start being proactive so I want to start putting more effort into dealing with my problem, and hopefully overcoming it. I have trouble approaching and talking to people, and even with people I know, I tend to avoid socializing with them because I have a hard time maintaining a conversation with people and feel extremely self-conscious the whole time. Aside from my family members and a couple of close friends, I feel this way around just about everyone else.

I'm here because I wanted to be involved in a community that understands my problem since I've never really felt comfortable talking about it to anyone in real life. I think just knowing there are so many other people like you can help in becoming more confident in dealing with the real world.

Despite my social anxiety, I'm still a pretty optimistic, cheerful guy who can maintain sense of humor about his shortcomings.

I think I'm gonna start by lurking a bit just so I can familiarize myself with the rules and the atmosphere of this place.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, VaultDweller! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey VaultDweller welcome. :hyper

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.