Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get dizzy in stores. It just started about a year and a half ago. I'm social and always have been. I'm in the Air Force and am around people all the time every day. But for some reason, when I'm in a store or resturant even, after a while (like 10-15 min) I'll get real dizzy and feel like I want to pass out. I often try to stay near the shelves so I have something to hang onto if it comes to that. I don't get a rapid heartbeat or shortness of breath or sweats or anything like that. I only get dizzy. It feels like my eyes want to roll back in my head. Usually I try to always push a shopping cart, because that helps alot. Just knowing I have something to hold on to. I never get dizzy at work or at home. Just at stores and resturants. It's worse if I think about it too while I'm out. But wonder if it's SAS because when I'm talking to someone at the store or with someone, it will go away for awhile. Probably because I'm not thinking about it. It usually only happens when I'm by myself shopping. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
more info

I'm 30 BTW and have been in the AF for 12 1/2 years. This just started about a year and a half ago.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Go to a psychologist who is experienced with anxiety/social anxiety. It definitely sounds anxiety related but I'm not sure if it's necessarily social anxiety.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I get like this whenever I go into a store. I have to carry a bottle of water with me at all times because I start to get warm, dizzy, light headed and nauseaus. Then my mouth gets extremely dry and I can't hardly breathe. If it effects you enough (and it sounds like it might be) go to a doctor and just talk to them, tell them what you're feeling when this happens and maybe the two of you can figure out some sort of way to treat this.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey JJS welcome. :hyper

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, JJS! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts