Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I joined this site because I am quite socially isolated other than 1 friend I hang out with once a week. Also I wanted to see if anyone else was maybe in a similar boat as me. So I hate being around other people, it makes me depressed because I have nothing to say. I feel like a nobody. I don't feel like I can connect to others or carry on much of a conversation. :(

·
One of One
42 Posts
Same here, I've resorted to making little notes of possible conversation starters to use when (attempting) to talk to people. I don't go out the house much, mainly because I have nobody to go with. Then it gets me depressed because all I see most days is these four walls of my bedroom and my laptop screen. I want to go out and I want to engage with people, it's just the most difficult thing in the world.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey..I'm new too, signed up a few weeks ago I think though I haven't made any posts yet, ha.
I feel the same, dislike being around others, nothing to say, like a 3rd wheel or something and I just feel stupid. I just want to feel normal and adjusted, you know? It seems impossible. Best wishes x

5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Same here, I've resorted to making little notes of possible conversation starters to use when (attempting) to talk to people. I don't go out the house much, mainly because I have nobody to go with. Then it gets me depressed because all I see most days is these four walls of my bedroom and my laptop screen. I want to go out and I want to engage with people, it's just the most difficult thing in the world.
Hey Jamie,
Well at least you try sometimes. Props for that. I hear ya it's pretty depressing not having much to do or people to see. I'd also love to be able to engage with people...if I could! If I just had something to say than I would probably try. Do you have any other hobbies than surfing the net on your laptop?

·
Registered
9 Posts
My best friend was my dog George, he gave me total unconditional love, but on January 4th he died in my arms. Still heartbroken now!
Like you I have 1 friend who I see once a week too, lol freeky, so that's a start, your not the only one.
I ve only just joined this tonight because im feeling to down and I suppose desperate, what for god knows, Im probably making no sense but after reading you "first step", I really hate hearing people sounds so down (like me) , it almost angers me!
Anyway before everyone thinks ive lost the plot ill shut up but if this "site" can help you that will be cool, ill help if I can and im sure by the looks of it, theres plenty of "people" here.
Nick.

5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey..I'm new too, signed up a few weeks ago I think though I haven't made any posts yet, ha.
I feel the same, dislike being around others, nothing to say, like a 3rd wheel or something and I just feel stupid. I just want to feel normal and adjusted, you know? It seems impossible. Best wishes x
Hey Purplesweater.. haha well you posted now so thats good. Yeah I feel almost pointless around other people. Just hanging around with nothing to say. If I do talk it's gotta be 1:1 with someone I know well..and even then I usually don't have much to say. Were you always that way? I feel like I have gotten even worse due to more social isolation. I hope ya at least have something you enjoy to do by yourself. That helps. I'm trying to start hobbies so my life isn't so pointless and boring.
All the best for you also.

5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, sounds a lot like me, except maybe you have one more proper friend than me
Well atleast I'm not the only one! :) Yeah I should be grateful. Any friend is better than no friend. Luckily this friend of mine talks a lot and doesn't mind the fact that I don't say much.. He's also in love with me.. That's the only reason I've kept him as a friend over the years. He never gives up. Unfortunately I am not attracted to him.

Do you work? At this point I wish I did because I don't have much to do throughout the days.

5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My best friend was my dog George, he gave me total unconditional love, but on January 4th he died in my arms. Still heartbroken now!
Like you I have 1 friend who I see once a week too, lol freeky, so that's a start, your not the only one.
I ve only just joined this tonight because im feeling to down and I suppose desperate, what for god knows, Im probably making no sense but after reading you "first step", I really hate hearing people sounds so down (like me) , it almost angers me!
Anyway before everyone thinks ive lost the plot ill shut up but if this "site" can help you that will be cool, ill help if I can and im sure by the looks of it, theres plenty of "people" here.
Nick.
Hey Nick. Aw I'm sorry to hear about your dog. That must be really hard. I know the feeling. My bunny that I was really close to died a few years ago. I hope you are able to get a new pet because that is the best remedy. I didn't want a new bunny at first but my mom made me get one and it really helped.

Well the fact that you joined here when you're feeling desperate is a good choice than doing something harmful towards yourself so good on you for that. Actually, me too (about hearing people sounding down). I'm not a big fan of negativity even though I'm such a negative person. haha. I tried positive thinking for a while but it only put me on a path of illusion so I gave up on it if that even makes sense. But it definitely does help if its realistic. I used to find setting goals helped.
Yeah well it's nice to have someone to listen. I'm here if you need to talk about anything. :)
Hope your night gets better.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oh im a pratt, just contacted admin to advise him/her ive set my dob to 17, I bloody wish, reboot start again lol, add 30 to that and that's more like it, pillock :)
Thanks for the kind remarks, I had him for 12 years bless him, went everywhere with me, down the beach every day, well most days, the weather here in the uk can be pants!
Sorry about your bunny :(
Life can be testing at times!
Hows Nova scotia? Sounds fab!
Nick.

·
Registered
248 Posts
It's kinda sad, because sometimes the people who FEEL they have nothing to say, can say so many interesting things if only they feel relaxed.

Keep trying, there is light at the end of the tunnel, i promise

·
Dr. Drangus
84 Posts
Yeah, getting caught in the midst of social situations really depresses me. Like you, I feel like I have nothing to say about myself. However, what I've discovered is that I have a lot to say, but I fear that I will end up saying something really stupid. I believe my situation is the same as yours. You do in fact know what you want to say, but you fear social rejection. Consequently, people who are afflicted with a degree of self-disparagement tend to keep quiet, and that is why they begin to believe they have nothing to say.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, LostHerselfAlongTheWay! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm the exact same and the sad part is im a cashier!!! I have to talk to people. I just smile and laugh at their unfunny jokes. I have 2 really close friends I work with that I actually have nice conversations with but anyone else I cant! It gets pretty awkward and I hate it =/

·
Guy from Australia
5 Posts
I've found even posting on this site to be a fairly big challenge. You should be congratulated on that. I tried to meet a few people on here to chat to on Skype or whatever and so far have had no luck. That feeling of isolation is the most depressing thing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts