Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
:No Worries:
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello and happy I found this place. I have tried out several other forums and didn't have much luck finding anything beneficial. Most of the time I think places try to spread themselves across way to many disorders and topics. But its nice to find a place concentrating on my main issue!

Anyways a little about myself if anyone bothers to care,

29 year old happily married father of three. I have been suffering from GAD and Social Anxiety my entire life and have been in and out of therapy coupled with trials of meds for 20 years. I finally gave up a few years ago when I got denied for life insurance because of my social anxiety history! But have been having anxiety attacks this past spring which has caused me to seek out help once again. Currently I have seeing a therapist every few weeks and I am on 100mg of Zoloft. So far I have not gotten any better but I am holding out hope!

I am an avid homebrewer, hence the screen name. Outside of that I game to some extent when I can find time.

Thanks for reading, I hope to have some good discussions with everyone!:D

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Aleforge welcome. :)

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Hi Aleforge, welcome to the forums :)

Its great you're married with three children. I'd love a family of my own, but my anxieties have put a stop to that so far in life. Its great that it hasn't stopped you.

Hope you're doing well,

Steve

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
:No Worries:
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

·