Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

This might be the wrong place for me, but I stumbled on some threads that I felt I could relate to, so I decided to check it out. I say this may be the wrong place because my anxiety really started from depression.

Maybe not the best way to start off this thread but its something I really struggle with and im interested in seeing if anyone can relate or help.

Im 18 and i've been depressed for quite some time, around five years, social anxiety started shortly after. Like a lot of you i find myself not able to go out and socialize like normal people do. I mean I WANT to, but I guess i'm scared of something, i'm not really sure of what. Since my depression i've started to heavily self medicate with pot. I understand it could just be adding to my problems, but i've gone a few long periods without it and I cant say its any better. Things never seem to be getting better, ive tried counseling and other thing but it all seems hopeless. I hope some of you can give me some advice, maybe a few of you have gone through the same stuff.

·
Cut Above
1,827 Posts
Welcome to SAS!

(the best advice I can give is get off the drug abuse)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to the both of you guys, I hope I can gain something from sharing with everyone.

And Odinn, I would very much like too, but its difficult for me :( Im scared ill get too depressed and do something I might regret.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, FightOffMyDemons! :)

·
Nope, still not!
3,273 Posts
Welcome!

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey fightoffmydemons welcome. :hyper