Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done mushrooms before and it's quite a powerful experience. I'm doing them again today and wondering if any of you thought they might hold some potential to help with social anxiety by approaching your fear or something. Watched a video on LSD that said that it had the potential to change thought patterns and general outlook on life, and the substances are pretty alike save that LSD is so much stronger than mushrooms. But still, you guys think it could change anything?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I've done mushrooms before and it's quite a powerful experience. I'm doing them again today and wondering if any of you thought they might hold some potential to help with social anxiety by approaching your fear or something. Watched a video on LSD that said that it had the potential to change thought patterns and general outlook on life, and the substances are pretty alike save that LSD is so much stronger than mushrooms. But still, you guys think it could change anything?
Drugs won't offer any miracle cures like "reprogramming" your brain. However, many drugs will give you the ability to "think outside the box", so they can definitely help in a therapeutic sense.

As someone who has experimented with most non-addictive drugs out there, I would recommend ecstasy, low doses of mushrooms, weed, and dmt.

Ecstasy (MDMA) is the best drug for understanding SA though in my opinion.

·
Banned
800 Posts
What lucid said is true, LSD/shrooms wont reprogram your brain, but it will let you see things from a completely different angle... and if youre able to control it you can very well use it to help you out on personal problems..

I have never done dmt/ayahuasca, but theyre supposed to be like LSD/shrooms but 10x more powerful, i think its the most powerful psychedlic? anyways ayahuasca is used to heal addictions so look into it

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
In my very limited experience with psychedelics, I found that my mind would feel "different" for a few days following the drug. I'd think differently. I'd appreciate stuff I didn't usually care about. I'd notice things I normally didn't see.

But I don't think a drug is going to fix your brain on its own, and I worry about frequent use of psychedelics. Losing touch with reality on a regular basis can't be good.

·
Registered
401 Posts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MDMA

Subjective effects

The primary effects attributable to MDMA consumption are predictable and fairly consistent among users. In general, users report feeling effects within 30-60 minutes of consumption, hitting a peak at approximately 1-1.5 hours, reaching a plateau that lasts about 2-3 hours, followed by a comedown of a few hours, which may be accompanied by fatigue and minor effects.[21][22][23]

The most common effects reported by users include:

A general and subjective alteration in consciousness
A strong sense of inner peace and self-acceptance
Diminished aggression, hostility, and jealousy
Diminished fear, anxiety, and insecurity
Extreme mood lift with accompanying euphoria
Feelings of empathy, compassion, and forgiveness toward others
Feelings of intimacy and even love for others
Improved self-confidence
The ability to discuss normally anxiety-provoking topics with marked ease
An intensification of all of the bodily senses (hearing, touch, smell, vision, taste)
Substantial enhancement of the appreciation of music quality
Mild psychedelia, consisting of mental imagery and auditory and visual distortions
Stimulation, arousal, and hyperactivity (e.g., many users get an "uncontrollable urge to dance" while under the influence)
Increased energy and endurance
Increased alertness, awareness, and wakefulness
Increased desire, drive, and motivation
Analgesia or decreased pain sensitivity

What lucid said is true, LSD/shrooms wont reprogram your brain, but it will let you see things from a completely different angle... and if youre able to control it you can very well use it to help you out on personal problems..

I have never done dmt/ayahuasca, but theyre supposed to be like LSD/shrooms but 10x more powerful, i think its the most powerful psychedlic? anyways ayahuasca is used to heal addictions so look into it
I wouldn't even call DMT a hallucinogenic in the same class as any other.

Whereas other drugs will distort reality, DMT will take you to entirely different one. It really makes you question what "real" is.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Psychedelics alone won't permanently reprogram your psyche. they are powerful tools that can help you accomplish that goal. The only thing that can cure any of us of SA is sheer will power to harmonize your ego with your true and divine self. In other words, feel at ease in your own skin. Psychedelics, especially dmt and shrooms, can help with that because they chemically pry open your third eye. You tend to see the bigger picture, access to the mind of the universe.

There is a podcast called the entheogenic evolution. It's been sort of my spiritual teachings on psychedelics and is well worth the listen. I recommend it to everyone, even if you dont do drugs its very interesting.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Psychedelics alone won't permanently reprogram your psyche. they are powerful tools that can help you accomplish that goal. The only thing that can cure any of us of SA is sheer will power to harmonize your ego with your true and divine self. In other words, feel at ease in your own skin. Psychedelics, especially dmt and shrooms, can help with that because they chemically pry open your third eye. You tend to see the bigger picture, access to the mind of the universe.

There is a podcast called the entheogenic evolution. It's been sort of my spiritual teachings on psychedelics and is well worth the listen. I recommend it to everyone, even if you dont do drugs its very interesting.
"Pry open your third eye".. lol

I like that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ayahuasca has a lot more power to reprogram the brain compared to the others. Basically it resets your brain to a more natural state. It also purges/cleanses the brainwave patterns in my opinion. (There is not nearly enough research on dmt, so we have to mostly go by anecdotal evidence untill more research is published)

I also think that while on the drug, you may be able to meditate or do brain wave entrainment with faster results of reprogramming. Especially because visualization becomes more vivid, and the more vivid intense an experience the easier it is to program the brain...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but this is something I'm very interested in. I started using magic mushrooms (psilocybin) about 5 months ago. I find they bring up issues that are deep in your sub-conscious mind, and you face them head on. Which is why taking them is not always pleasant, and sometimes I feel worse for a few days afterwards due to some deep seated issue rearing it's ugly need - but that leads to personal growth.

I also listen to hypnosis and positive affirmation tracks on youtube. Now my plan is to combine the two. As psilocybin can put your mind in a more open or suggestible state, I'm hoping those positive affirmations will be more effective. That's the plan anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts