Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm Julia, a 24 year old from NY. I've been reading this forum for a little while but I think it's finally time for me to introduce myself.

My social anxiety has been a problem as long as I can remember, but I think in the past few years it's become practically crippling. Or maybe it's the pressures of growing up- it's like I'm supposed to have this great life filled with so many friends by now. But that's not the case at all. I have only a couple real friends, and an outgoing boyfriend who I feel I'm constantly struggling to hide my SA from. I've never really told anyone about my social anxiety before. And while it's obvious that I'm painfully shy, I just can't admit to anyone the extent of it. So it's really nice and refreshing to have found this forum where I can just be open and not hide this aspect of myself!

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Julia welcome. :)

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Hi Julia, welcome to the forums :)

It really does help to have people you can open up to about your social anxiety, rather than keep it hidden from the world, so its great that you've joined these forums :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Lilac! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts