Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I stumbled upon this forum because I thought I needed a place to talk about my social anxiety issues with other people who understand and identify with them :)

Anyway, I'm a 20 year old college student studying anthropology and Spanish who's planning on studying abroad in Chile or Argentina all next year. I think it would be best that I try to curb a lot of my anxiety before I go (even though I've been to Chile and Argentina before and have absolutely loved it there, to the point where, after I spent 2 1/2 months in Buenos Aires, I was crying on the plane ride back to the US). I want to go for a year (even though I do have a lot of crippling anxiety) because I'm scared that if I go for a semester and enjoy myself, everything will end too quickly and I'll return to being depressed and anxious. Plus, I want to get away from my college for a year (because it's small and really suffocating).

In terms of medications, I just take a generic form of Prozac and I don't really know if it has an effect on curbing my anxiety or not. I know that I do get really messed up and start having breakdowns when I don't take it for a while (like when I forget), so there's that.

So that's basically what I'm dealing with now, along with the fact that I have 0 friends here and I'm lonely all the time and basically living for the future, e.g. study abroad. I'm joining this forum at a really odd time (it's currently exam week here), but I hope that over the holidays, I'll have more time to read and learn from everyone here :)

·
liil011
3 Posts
hi, im new at this too. im glad you mentioned you dont have friends lol neither do i really. my story is a long one but feel free to ask questions. i make realizations everyday about my self and realized why my fiance gets mad at me. im so scared that other people wont like what i have to say that i normaly dont say anything at all but agree with them. im a manger and this is a bad thing to have. in fact my boss made it my goal for next quarter. its frightening to me. however i think its good for me and thats how i found this forum. i rather liked your way of making a goal maybe we can help each other.

·
Registered
22 Posts
hi, im new at this too. im glad you mentioned you dont have friends lol neither do i really. my story is a long one but feel free to ask questions. i make realizations everyday about my self and realized why my fiance gets mad at me. im so scared that other people wont like what i have to say that i normaly dont say anything at all but agree with them. im a manger and this is a bad thing to have. in fact my boss made it my goal for next quarter. its frightening to me. however i think its good for me and thats how i found this forum. i rather liked your way of making a goal maybe we can help each other.
I am the exact same way. I usually get nervous about what to say so I just don't say anything at all. Sometimes I agree with people just because I don't know how to respond or don't want people to dislike my opinion.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey laloquillabronwyn welcome. :hyper

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, LaLoquillaBronwyn! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts