Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im Dave. I have SA and im fed up with it. I feel like its limiting me from being me and im affraid if I never get help with it ill end up just getting by in life. I feel like garbage. Most people I went to school with are out of college now with their engineering degrees or nursing degrees and I have done nothing with myself. Ive managed to hold a job for a few years now but every day im challenged with awkward situations of interacting with my boss and co-workers. I do outstanding work though is what my boss has told me and I am a quick at learning. Even though I get complliments I dont know what to say and as much as id like to say thanks boss i feel like it will come across fake because of all of my anxiety so i just say a quick yep and act like im to busy to talk. Also I just cant stand to be in a classroom setting because of all the awkwardness and anxiety I face on a daily basis. At times I just want to die, its like ok **** this. I want to do something with myself and it just feels like such a struggle to have to interact with people and do labs or group projects. I just get into this agreeing mode so I can avoid any confrontation affraid ill affend someone and they will put me on the spot and everyone in the classroom will be waiting for my side of an argument and ill freeze up and look stupid. Sometimes I just dont say anything and people think im an ******* because im not participating. I also hate when people talk to me in a silent room cuz i know everyone is listening in on everything i say because i never talk. I try not to make eye contact so people dont talk to me. Alot of people probly just think im weird or unstable or stuck up. I try not to aknowlege people affraid ill embarras them because people will se me talking to them. I need to make some big changes and I am hoping at least talking about it to people and getting it out to people facing the same problems can help me get over this.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hey and welcome :) I share that fear too of ending up not achieving much with my life because of the limitations anxiety causes =/ but it's a good motivator to overcome it and get help. Hope you find good support in this place :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Dave, welcome to :sas

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, DaveRS87! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.