Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its so great to have a forum dedicated to SA. Just joined and looking for some suggestions on what i should do:

I was always shy as a kid, in class i would turn bright red if i was called on to speak and i never felt comfortable around anyone but my closest friends. Now that i'm in my late 20's the blushing that used to happen has now turned into a downpour of sweat from my forehead. Its crazy embarrassing. So i just started to see someone about this and they are going to talk to my primary doctor to see what to prescribe me. He mentioned paxil and zoloft but i know those are also for depression and have all the sexual side affects too. I'm totally not depressed at all, just get really anxious in social situations and because of that i withdraw and stay home more than i should. When i am in social situations then i'm just really quiet and not myself. Oh and i also don't drink even though that would probably help me open up in social situations but that's just not a smart thing to do.

So my question is what would be the best medication that i could take that would get rid of the physical side effects i'm experiencing, help me feel more comfortable in social situations, and not screw up the sex drive?

Thanks for your help guys, i really appreciate it!

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, NPL82! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Nate, welcome to :sas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.