Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.

For years, I've lurked around these forums every once in a long while. I finally decided to register today.

I've been socially anxious my entire life to a crippling degree, however, I only recently got diagnosed earlier this year.

I'm 27 and basically don't have a life. No job, friends, romantic life, etc. It gets pretty lonely sometimes.

Since finally forcing myself to try therapy early this year I've been very very slowly trying to put myself out there a bit more. I've tried talking to random people on Reddit and other chat apps, but honestly, I find it difficult to connect with people due to my lack of life experiences and due to my total lack of conversation skills. Sometimes it makes me feel like I'm not really human because I struggle with the connective parts of conversations and I think people get bored of me.

I was hoping maybe I would have more luck here. Posting in public forums and chatrooms has always been difficult for me, especially when someone engages and tries to start a conversation. It makes me feel like the whole internet is watching me engage in conversation and judging me in how I go about it. So, if I take a while to respond please understand It's hard for me. I would very much prefer a private chat if that's okay.

My interests include reading, gaming, music, psychology, sports, and more. Please feel free to hmu.

·
(.*?)
7,016 Posts
Welcome. :)

Somewhere along the way, I discovered that being different from everyone else makes a good topic of conversation. I can hold someone's interest for a minute by talking about how I never experienced any of the things they brought up that they assumed every human had been through, and they become curious about me and ask questions. Hey, if the holes in your life are what stand out then you might as well milk it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts