Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have struggled with social anxiety most of my childhood this resulted in relentless bullying :( Lets just say I didn't enjoy middle school, although highschool isn't any better since I have a terrible attitude dealing with people. Since I've been a loner since 6th grade I don't have amazing social skills. My initial reactions to people talking to me is to be either defensive or suspicious. I don't know how to react to nice people....If someones nice to me I act nice back but I'm naturally not a very nice person just normal...But when someone is nice to me I have to put up this whole false SUPER cheery persona which feels like so much work :/ I think this is why I prefer the latter and just put up with people thinking I'm a weird antisocial loner..

On the side note I recently began speaking in class more but since I have a cursed mouth I don't know if that's for the best since I say controversial things and tend to be pretty blunt :blank

All in all I'm glad to be some place where my "irrational" fear of people is normal :D

I guess I should say something about myself :b
-I'm a Senior in highschool
-I love clothes but I could never consider having a fashion related career
-I never fit in any school I've been to since 4th grade
-I'm pretty nice even though I make the worst first impressions
-I'm a bit of a nerd; I like anime, old school and modern samurai and kung-fu movies, graphic novels;manga, comics and Celtic music not much of a gamer though :no

·
Author
242 Posts
Welcome!
Yeah it helps to know you're not alone. Everyone here is supportive and understanding. I pretty much have gone through what you described. Oh and I love anime too lol. So yeah, welcome!

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, SmilingIsFun! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts