Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, my name is Alanna and I'm feeling a little lost right now. I typically deal with my anxiety by distracting myself with work, friends and their dramas, geeking out on this or that, but lately my little routine of life is upside down. >_< I hate change and I'm not dealing too well...all my anxiety issues seem more apparent.

Thus, I found and joined this community.

Anyway, into more of an intro. I was always a shy girl who preferred to be alone or around people I'm really close to. I've gotten much better as I grew older (forced to join the working world and learned being an anti-social misfit didn't get you very far). But in general, I seem to have interests and socializing styles that only fit a select personality type(s) and I find it hard to make friends. All this seems like the woes of a high schooler but alas I am a 25 year old who is just as lost and confused and emotional as a dramatized tv movie teen.

Blah blah blah (I'm also a major rambler).
Look for a future post about how I HATE my job and only my sis and daddy seem to understand where I am coming from....(I need major advice/support/input regarding this).

·
Registered
194 Posts
Welcome to SAS. I hope you're able to get what you need here and I'm sure you'll find plenty of people you can relate to!
:group

·
Iam building a religion
2,834 Posts
Hey, my name is Alanna and I'm feeling a little lost right now. I typically deal with my anxiety by distracting myself with work, friends and their dramas, geeking out on this or that, but lately my little routine of life is upside down. >_< I hate change and I'm not dealing too well...all my anxiety issues seem more apparent.

Anyway, into more of an intro. I was always a shy girl who preferred to be alone or around people I'm really close to. I've gotten much better as I grew older (forced to join the working world and learned being an anti-social misfit didn't get you very far). But in general, I seem to have interests and socializing styles that only fit a select personality type(s) and I find it hard to make friends. All this seems like the woes of a high schooler but alas I am a 25 year old who is just as lost and confused and emotional as a dramatized tv movie teen.

Look for a future post about how I HATE my job and only my sis and daddy seem to understand where I am coming from....(I need major advice/support/input regarding this).
welcome to the forums

·
Cheese.
659 Posts

Hello and :wels :D

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Alanna, welcome to :sas

·
Add me/PM me, let's talk!
1,072 Posts
hello and welcome to SAS! :) From reading your intro post, I can say that I relate and understand a few things in your post. I know what it's like to be forced into the working world and keeping busy with doing so and for having to socialize. If you need anyone to talk to and would like a friend, you can send me a request on here and PM me. :)

·
Registered
9,274 Posts
Hi Alann. Welcome to:

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, ARVera! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts