Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so some of you may remember me writing a couple months ago about my boyfriend who broke up with me because I had trouble sleeping over at his house. Well, it has been almost 4 months and I have been doing pretty good. I have accepted that we broke up and was just starting to really move on. Got a new job that I really like and started school again. Anyway, he has been calling me. I really, really did not expect to hear from him ever again. I tried to contact him after we broke up and he didn't want to talk to me even after he said we could work on things. I don't know what to do. I still care about him. I just don't think I want to go down that road with him again. He was very unsupportive of me and he made such a huge deal about me not being able to sleep. I have anxiety just thinking about how he used to yell at me about it. I just don't know if I should listen to what he has to say and tell him how I feel or just ignore him. I don't want to hurt myself anymore my bringing back old feelings or something.... If you have any suggestions for me, please let me know! Thank you! :)

·
slave
4,382 Posts
It sounds like history would (and most likely will) repeat itself if you were to go down that road again. You guys would just pick up where you left off, which is not good.

And you just getting anxiety remembering how he treated you is a red-flag warning not to go back.

The best thing to do, I think, is to tell him that you have no desire to get back together with him and that you think it's for the best.

·
Your Assumptions
7,027 Posts
I wonder what's going on in his life to make him want to talk again. He could be a user and lonely or bored and that's why he's contacting you again.

You could hear him out but I'd get him to do it in writing so he can't badger you as much or turn on the charm. You're susceptible to ending up in a bad situation again because you still care. You'll only be safe when you feel only indifference or disdain. If you don't want anything to do with him it might be easier to get rid of him if he has the closure of you hearing him out and then you stating or writing very firmly why you want to cease contact (you don't have to go into any detail - and it's probably better that way).

·
hhmm ...
710 Posts
You are trying to get advices at a social anxiety forum, from people who have little to no experience.
I'm still amazed to how many replies threads like this get.
I truly thought this is an social anxiety site, I'm at the wrong address it seems.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
You are trying to get advices at a social anxiety forum, from people who have little to no experience.
I truly thought this is an social anxiety site, I'm at the wrong address it seems.
I never thought about it, but yeah this site is more like Social Anxiety/Relationship advice forum. Some people use it solely as an dating site.

·
Your Assumptions
7,027 Posts
It's worked for her on several occasions. I fail to see your point.

Since this site has many sections (such as for discussing science or having fun) you're not mentioning, I assume you're saying people correctly diagnosed with SAD don't have relationships. Please tell me if I'm wrong about this assumption.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This site has helped me. I do have social anxiety and the advise I have received on this site, especaially pertaining to my relationship with my exboyfriend, has really helped me a lot. I don't really have any close friends, so using this site has given me strenghth and support when I've needeed it the most. And I thank all of you who have helped me and responded to my threads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.