Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I almost didnt join the site because i thought, "what if someone types my name into google and the first thing that pops up is social anxiety support". I havent been diagnosed or anything, in fact everytime i think about seeking help i tend to get nervous and tell myself im just over-reacting. Im fairly confident (which is refreshing to say) that i do have social anxiety disorder because i hyperanalyize every situation everyday. I have a difficult time talking to women because i tell myself that im not good enough or i become very nervous that something i say or do will make her think im "wierd". I have poor self esteem which is due to my over the top personal requirements for myself; i always set my goals high no matter what and it seems to me that i consistently fail to reach them, resulting in dissapointment and regret almost daily. I have many friends, play on the varsity baseball team at my college, have a car, and it seems as though people like me but for some reason all these self-reasurances never seem to help. I tend to find my comfort in alcohol and thats something id like to see end. I just want to talk with other people without worrying what they think of me. I just want to be in a healthy relationship. I dont want to be afraid to speak in class, or to be a stand up kind of guy. Well i feel a little better now so thank you to whoever out there is listening i really do appreciate it :)

·
Banned
3,597 Posts
Welcome to SAS :)

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, WikedNervous! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
First of all, who cares what people think about you! I guarantee you they don't care what you think about them!
I have the type of personality that people love me for, or hate me for. There's no in-between with me.
You hear this word tossed around alot these days....."haters".
I love haters because I know they don't hate because I did something to them. They hate because I have something they wish they had. It could be anything, but most of the time, they're hating themselves. It's envy. It's jealousy. It's their own regret.
What you need to accept is that you can't control other people's thoughts..........only your own.
You see a girl you like? Ask her out. If she's says no, who cares? Move on to the next one, and the next one if need be. At some point, as you're going down the line of these women, you're going to get a "yes".
And don't EVER avoid asking a woman out because you feel you're out of her league. Ask her out anyway! You'll probably get rejected, but who cares? You might get surprised too!
If I was given a nickel for every rejection I've received up to this point in my life, I'd be having lunch with Donald Trump.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey wikednervous welcome. :hyper

1 - 12 of 12 Posts