Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so i don't have depression i have my bouts of sadness but I personally haven't experienced real depression or anxiety which is why i'm here. My very good friend does and i want to help her but i don't know how. Here's the whole story. My best friend from 3rd grade (lets call him Doug) is engaged to my other very good friend (lets call her Sam) i love these two like family. Sam is depressed and has terrible anxiety about everything. She puts up a good front but being as close as we are she tells me the truth. Doug has asked me for advice on this multiple times he does all he can to make her happy and see the world and herself in a more positive way but she can't. Doug has told me it's her parents fault and that they are really terrible people but never gave me specific examples. Recently I have gotten first hand evidence. Sam's parents treat her as if she was Satan's spawn and tell her what a terrible person she is all the time. Sam is a straight A student doesn't drink and has only been with Doug almost the definition of innocence. Sam's mom constantly tells her how hideous she is and that Doug will leave her unless she tries harder to be perfect. Literally uses the words hideous disgusting and ugly now Sam is truly beautiful like turns heads in rooms beautiful everyone who's ever met her says it. Her mom has convinced her she's disgusting. Her father calls her a wh**e almost daily says she disgusts him with her lifestyle and doesn't understand why Doug hasn't left her. these are the exact words that come out of his mouth. It's gotten really bad recently because Doug is going to school about 2 hours away so they only see each other on the weekends. Doug asked me to spend time with her because she's been getting really depressed lately to the point of missing class and spending two full days in bed. So i did until her dad called her up screaming at her for being a wh**e because she spent the day with me i heard the phone call. I don't know how to help her it's hard to say just ignore it because it's her parents. i feel like spending more time with her helps until her dad finds out she's hanging out with me. she won't lie to her parents because she doesn't lie. what can i do i feel helpless. How do i help her?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts