Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on 75-90mg Nardil + 100mg Seroquel for sleep for about two years. The first year was great, but the last 10 months everything has gradually turned to crap. I feel really depressed, have lots of anxiety and I feel miserable. I've been on Seroxat, Dexedrine, Ritalin, Effexor, Cipramil, Abilify, Lyrica, Modafinil and occational benzos. I'm afraid I have no more options to try out. None of the meds I've tried have worked for me and now I feel that Nardil has given up on me.

Please give some suggestions for medications I should talk to my psychiatrist about. Could I have good benefit from other SSRI's or are they about the same?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Nardil doesnt give you many choices to choose from because of the interactions. That would be one of the first things I would think of changing before going on further

The following drugs should not be used while you are taking phenelzine:

diet pills, caffeine, stimulants, ADHD medication, asthma medication, over-the-counter cough and cold or allergy medicines;

tryptophan (also called L-tryptophan);

levodopa (Larodopa, Parcopa, Sinemet), methyldopa (Aldomet);

meperidine (Demerol, Mepergan);

furazolidone (Furoxone);

procarbazine (Matulane);

buspirone (BuSpar);

bupropion (Wellbutrin, Zyban);

dexfenfluramine (Redux);

guanethidine (Ismelin);

alcohol or medicines that make you sleepy (such as cold medicine, pain medication, muscle relaxers, and medicine for seizures, depression or anxiety); or

antidepressants such as citalopram (Celexa), duloxetine (Cymbalta), escitalopram (Lexapro), fluoxetine (Prozac, Sarafem), fluvoxamine (Luvox), paroxetine (Paxil), sertraline (Zoloft), or venlafaxine (Effexor).

·
Registered
228 Posts
try cycling your nardil dosage up and down (type in nardil in the search and look for spaceboys thread) and start a benzo PRN.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts