Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,

I don't know what to do. I'm sorry if I'm doing something wrong by posting this here, uh I'm 18 I haven't had a friend in a year and before I hardly even had one. I'm trying to get into college but I'm too afraid too. Everyone looks down on me because I'm young and that's not all I'm bi-polar as well as being social phobic and I can't talk! The people I usually try to talk to walk away like I'm a freak & for some reason when I can't talk I have weird thing with getting embarrassed and blushing and laughing and etc...but its hard. All my old friends tell me I'm some kind or er uh snob for not talking to them. Some girl had the nerve to call me a depressing ***. I am upset.I am positive but I just don't want to be judged and etc... Some guy called me Autistic I've been this way for awhile. I don't know what to do or get any friends I'm sad. When I don't talk to people they get angry.

I need help, I'm sorry this is in the wrong place...please reply

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
Are we supposed to? Give the thread some time and I'm sure people will respond. Have you tried getting on any kind of meds for your bi-polar or sa?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thats sad to hear :( I think many people here can relate to you... Have you tried to search any kind of professional care yet? That would be a good start.

·
Banned
728 Posts
I think most of us dont want to be judged.

It would be a relief to be able to go out, and feel comfortable. Surrounded by nice people that would value us.

One day it might be possible, but now i struggle.

We all can relate to these things.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I can see that going to college can be difficult for us with SA. If you are going to a community college and not live on campus, then you probably won't make many friends, sorry to be blunt here. If you choose to go to a 4-year college and live in the dorms, you probably will get to know a bunch of people (I did when I was there). When you live on campus, leave your dorm room wide open so people who walk by will talk to you. If this is too much for you, don't do it then. You can certainly join a community service group in college, people there are very nice, they go out of their ways to befriend you.
Here is a really, really, really important thing to keep in mind, when someone starts a conversation with you, force yourself not to just give a short response, he/she will think you are not interested in talking. Take advantage of the 'free information' they provide and build up on that. For example, if you bump into someone who says to you "oh, i have been cleaning my room all day, i am so exhausted now". Try not to just say "sorry to hear that" and walk away. You might give a more enthusiastic response like "wow, you must have lots of stuffs in there, that is good exercise though, i need to clean my room too, maybe next week, I got many things to do this week (proceed to maybe talk about them to let that person know more about you)." You probably can't come up with something like that on the spot if you are not experienced. Practice more and you will get there.
Yeah, college is important, if you don't go right now, you will regret it 10 years later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts